comfort/prayer beads

comfort/prayer beads
A sample of some of the comfort/prayer beads I have made.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just getting started

This is the very first time I have ever posted a blog.  Please grant me a wide margin of understanding as I learn all the ins and outs.  I am an emptynester who is indulging in a love for all things having to do with gemstones, pearls, crystals, and beads of all kinds.  I  was one of those kids digging to the bottom of the barrel of stones and marbles in the souvenir shops.  I just love the way they feel in my hands and shine when the light hits them.  My good friend Eileen started teaching me the basics of jewelry making and I am loving every minuet of it.  Highlight of my  first trip abroad was digging through the  bead stall in Prague.  I will write about that another time.    Leah Jo's Gems is my new home business that I am starting up this year.  I hope you will continue to check my blog for updates and stories of how I am enjoying my new venture.  I will also enjoy any suggestions and commits that help me grow as a beader.  Does any one else love beads, gemstones etc. like I do?

1 comment:

  1. I wish you lots of luck with your new business. It is hard getting started but definitely worth it. I found you via the Shipwreck Beads FB page. I am one of the instructors there teaching gemstone tree design, although I teach a variety of other jewelry skills as well, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

    ReplyDelete